About Us The Latest
Customer Care Team, Rebecca Fried & Michael Myers, Share Tips to Prepare for Fall Season
October 2, 2023
As the summer heat gradually makes way for the cooler embrace of fall here in the Southern Louisiana and Picayune, Mississippi areas, it's time to ensure that your new Sunrise Home continues to shine and provide the utmost comfort for you and your loved ones. From lawn care to exterior upkeep, continue reading to find our October home maintenance checklist—a comprehensive guide to help you prepare your beautiful Sunrise Home for the upcoming autumn season.
The exterior of your home is not just its façade—it's the first impression it makes, and it’s important to keep the exterior of your home in tip-top shape throughout all seasons of the year. Here's how you can maintain its charm and functionality with minimal work:
- Check and Clean Gutters and Downspouts: As the leaves begin to fall, it's crucial to keep your gutters and downspouts clear of debris. This prevents clogs that could lead to water damage and ensures proper drainage during rainstorms.
- Inspect Roof Shingles: Southern weather can be unpredictable, which is why it’s important to take a moment to inspect your roof for any loose or damaged shingles. Timely repairs can prevent leaks and maintain the integrity of your home's structure.
As you spend more time indoors during the fall, make sure your Sunrise Home provides maximum comfort and coziness with these simple tips:
- HVAC System Maintenance: With temperatures cooling down in the fall, you’ll want to make sure your HVAC system is ready to keep you warm. Clean or replace filters for optimal air quality and efficiency.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Safety comes first—which means it’s a good idea to test and replace batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Cozy Up with Seasonal Textiles: Embrace the spirit of fall by adding soft, warm textiles to your living spaces. Consider draping a plush throw blanket over your couch and swapping out lightweight summer curtains for heavier, insulating drapes. Not only will this enhance the visual warmth of your home—but it will also provide an extra layer of comfort as the temperatures drop.
The landscape around your Sunrise Home contributes to its beauty and curb appeal. Here's how to care for it during the transition to fall:
- Lawn Care: Keep your lawn healthy by continuing to mow, water and fertilize as needed. Additionally, consider aerating the soil to allow better absorption of nutrients and water.
- Prune Trees and Shrubs: Trim any overgrown branches or shrubs that could pose a threat during autumn storms. It’s also a good idea to prune, which promotes healthy growth in the upcoming seasons.
- Plant Fall Flowers: Add a splash of color to your outdoor space with fall blooms like chrysanthemums and pansies. These hardy flowers thrive in cooler temperatures and enhance your home's aesthetic.
Contact us today
At Sunrise Homes, we understand that your home is more than just a place to live—it's a sanctuary where memories are made and cherished. As the fall season approaches, taking care of your new home becomes an essential part of maintaining its beauty, comfort and functionality. By following our October Home maintenance checklist, you can ensure that your Sunrise Home remains a haven of warmth and serenity, adapting seamlessly to the changing seasons of the Southern Louisiana and Picayune, Mississippi areas. As always, we're here to support you every step of the way, helping you create a lifetime of happiness within the walls of your exquisite new home. For more information about our new homes in Picayune, Waggaman, and Covington feel free to give us a call today at (985) 778-7636 or contact us online for more information.