Categories: Community Involvement, New Homes Waggaman, New Orleans Home Builder, Sunrise Homes | Posted: June 28, 2017
Sunrise Homes is pleased to announce the opening of our Live Oak Model Home & Design Center! This brand new model, professionally decorated by Lita Dirks & Co. will allow us to better serve our customers on the Southshore. Our new home is located in Waggaman, a historic River Road community located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. The brand new phase of this community features culd-de-sacs, beautiful scenery & a whole list of things to do nearby!
We invite you to visit the community & tour our brand new Live Oak Model Home & Design Center. We’ll be ready with snacks on hand to give you a personal tour, and tell you a little bit more about Live Oak! The Model Home & Design Center is open 7 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 9:30-5:30, and Sundays from 1:30-5:30.
In honor of the upcoming Sunrise Homes Model Home & Design Center opening, we’ve created a map of nearby attractions to show you why we know you’ll LOVE this beautiful community as much as we do!
- Mississippi River Trail
- Spanning 60.8 miles in length, this paved biking/walking trail sprawls through 5 parishes! Featuring beautiful views of the largest river in the United States of America, this trail is perfect for an afternoon stroll or a great workout. The trail makes up the Southern potion of an effort to pave a much longer trail that runs the entire length of the Mississippi River, encompassing about 3000 miles between Louisiana and Minnesota! Click here for the DOTD of Louisiana Bicycle suitability map, including tips for safe cycling!
- Jean Lafitte National Park
- The Jean Lafitte National Park includes 6 sites, scattered miles apart throughout Southeastern Louisiana. The closest of these sites to Live Oak, the Barataria Preserve, is located about 30 minutes away in Marrero. The Barataria Preserve features 23,000 acres wetlands, icluding swamps, marshes, bayous, forests, and all of the critters that live there, including alligators! Perfect for a day trip, the preserve offers guided Wetlands Walks Wednesdays-Sundays, and also allows visitors to take self-guided tours along the trails. Admission is free, and parking lots & trails are open daily, including federal holidays.
- Bayou Segnette State Park
- Located about 15 minutes from Live Oak, Bayou Segnette State Park is a great spot for camping & boating, and features a wavepool! Fishing is very popular within the park, and cabins are available to rent for overnight visits. Entry into the park is $3 per person, and entry into the wave pool is $13 per adult, and $10 per child. Visit Bayou Segnette to enjoy the wetlands for the weekend!
- NOLA Motorsports Park
- Fuel your need for speed at the New Orleans Motorsports Park! With activities ranging from go cart rentals to race tuned mustang rentals, a visit to the park makes a great weekend trip. You can even drive your own car on a “pro circuit” or race your motorcycle in the “Wide Open Wednesday’s” event!
- TPC Louisiana Golf Park
- The only golf course in Louisiana featured on the PGA Tour is just a hop, skip & a jump from Live Oak! Home to the Zurich classic, the TPC features beautiful, sprawling greens perfect for a day on the course. Enjoy a round of golf, relax in the clubhouse, or partake in a delicious dinner at the TPC Grill and take in the beautiful scenery!
- The Mercedes Benz Superdome
- Featuring world class entertainment, ranging from concerts to expos, and of course the official home of the New Orleans Saints, the Mercedes Benz Superdome is THE place to be! From concerts and pre game events just outside in Champions Square, to the “main events” inside, there’s always something going on in the Dome. Don’t forget to visit the Saints Hall of Fame during your next game day visit. Check their website often for upcoming concert and ticket information!
- The Smoothie King Center
- Home to the New Orleans Pelicans, the Smoothie King center features concerts & events year round! The largest state-of-the-art venue in the Gulf Coast, the Smoothie King Center hosts many collegiate basketball events as well. Visit their website for upcoming events, game tickets and more.
- The Alario Center
- Located right next door to Bayou Segnette State Park, the Alario Center hosts everything from sporting events to graduations! Featuring the Segnette Field was added in 2002, and provides grandstand style seating for up to 650 fans. The Alario Center also serves as oick-up and drop-off point for events such as the Zurich Classic. Visit their website to learn about upcoming events.
- Elmwood Shopping Center
- Elmwood Shopping Center is THE place to shop! Featuring a whole host of stores, including Ulta, Cost Plus World Market, Ashley Furniture Homestore, Petsmart and so much more, Elmwood is a great place to shop ’til you drop! Visitors can grab a bite to eat at any of the numerous restaurants located throughout the center, and even catch a movie at the AMC Elmwood Palace!
- New Orleans International Airport
- Need to catch a flight? The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport has been providing commercial air service to the Greater New Orleans area since 1946. Both domestic & international travelers will enjoy the New Orleans experience at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, where local food, drinks & gifts are available to passersby.
With so much to enjoy around Live Oak, homeowners will appreciate having a beautiful new home in which to relax! Life off of River Road doesn’t get much better than it does in Live Oak! Located just 15 minutes from the best entertainment the Greater New Orleans area has to offer, but surrounded by the serene natural beauty of River Road, Live Oak truly is the perfect spot to own a home.
For more information on how to own a home in this great community, please call Jayne at (985) 639-1958 today to schedule a tour & discuss how we can help make your dream home a reality!